Barrow Way Walking Holiday 5-Days Our 5-day walking holiday along the barrow river takes us from the historic town of Carlow the ecclesial centre ofRead more
- Day by Day
- What is Included?
- Hiking / Trail info
- Book Now
Barrow Way Walking Holiday 5-Days
Our 5-day walking holiday along the barrow river takes us from the historic town of Carlow the ecclesial centre of St. Mullins. It probably includes some of the most scenic and enchanting river walks Ireland has to offer and is a must for anyone with a passion for Irish Heritage and culture.
Although you will no longer find any horses pulling barges with wheat and sugar beet up and down the river and canals the riverbanks offer an abundance of flora and fauna that will truly astonish you. Go on, get away from it all and lose yourself in the hidden heartlands of Ireland on this outstanding walking tour!
Below is the program for our 5-day tour.
We also offer a 8-day tour here: 8-Day walking holiday Barrow Way
Arrive in Carlow
Make your way to Carlow and your first accommodation. We will provide you will all the information you need on transfer options with Public Transport or we can arrange a private transfer if needed on request.
Carlow to Bagenalstown
This stage of the Barrow Walk will take you from Carlow to Bagenalstown. Milford, about 7km south of Carlow, is arguably the most picturesque areas on the Barrow river. Set in a peaceful location with 3 bridges, a large wooded area, and large mill buildings, the town of Milford is a perfect antidote to the fast-paced modern world. Overnight in Bagenalstown
Walk: 17km, 4.5 hours
Bagenalstown to Borris
Leaving Bagenalstown and it’s many historic sites we make our way south to Borris which also lies on the distance trail; The Leinster way. At Ballytiglea Bridge we leave the Barrow Way to reach your accommodation in Borris 2 km). Overnight in Borris.
Walk: 18 km, 5 hours.
Borris to St. Mullins
The final stage of the Barrow Way leads into the religious settlement of St. Mullins, which is surrounded by a robust ecclesiastical theme and beautiful woodlands. St. Mullins is set on a fabulous stretch of the Barrow Valley. This walk will conclude of your glorious, scenic and picturises Barrow Way Walking Holiday.
Walk: 17 km, 5 hours
Depart from St. Mullins.
Or if you are not tired, hike back to Dublin via Wicklow Way!
What’s included in our Walking holidays?
- Carefully selected family-run and welcoming B&B accommodation.
- Comfortable en-suite bedrooms.*
- A full Irish breakfast to keep your engines running.
- Complimentary luggage transfers.
- Detailed maps and route notes so you never get lost.
- Local advice on places to visit and where to eat.**
- Full pre-departure info to allow you to prepare for your walking holiday.
- Waterproof map case to keep your documents dry.
- Extra night(s) accommodation booked on request.
- Need information on local transport options? We’re happy to assist!
- 24/7 local emergency contact.
What’s not included?
- Your flights
- Travel and baggage insurance
- Lunches / Evening meals
* Unless already booked out in which case we’ll try to secure a private bathroom.** You will have the opportunity to purchase picnic lunches and evening meals each day. If you are staying in a remote location, the B&B owner will prepare a tasty surprise for you upon request.
Need anything else?At Walking Holiday Ireland we pride ourselves in providing a unique experience where we look after all the details of your trip. This allows you to completely immerse yourself in the Irish landscape and culture. Please do not hesitate to contacts us should you have any additional requirements or needs and we will endeavour to provide these to our best ability.
No details found.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing