The Barrow river is considered one of the most scenic and picturises inland waterways. Passing through Ireland’s most scenic countryside, River Barrow Walkway is a delight for tourists.
- Day by Day
- What is Included?
- Hiking / Trail info
- Book Now
Barrow Way Walking Holidays
The Barrow river is considered one of the most scenic and picturises inland waterways. The second longest river in Ireland at 192 km, River Barrow is behind River Shannon in terms of its length. Barrow river along with River Nore and River Suir forms the three sisters of Ireland.
Passing through Ireland’s most scenic countryside, River Barrow Walkway is a delight for tourists. The Barrow starts in Country Laois and flows through Kildar, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, and Wexford.
The river and its reedy banks abound in river flora harbouring a wealth of wildlife and fish. Canal boats, barges, and canoes The riverway is fringed with reeds and river flora, harbouring a wealth of wildlife on its way. People have replaced cargo on the Barrow in boats and barges along its 68 kilometres of navigable waterways.
No details found.
What’s included in our Walking holidays?
- Carefully selected family-run and welcoming B&B accommodation.
- Comfortable en-suite bedrooms.*
- A full Irish breakfast to keep your engines running.
- Complimentary luggage transfers.
- Detailed maps and route notes so you never get lost.
- Local advice on places to visit and where to eat.**
- Full pre-departure info to allow you to prepare for your walking holiday.
- Waterproof map case to keep your documents dry.
- Extra night(s) accommodation booked on request.
- Need information on local transport options? We’re happy to assist!
- 24/7 local emergency contact.
What’s not included?
- Your flights
- Travel and baggage insurance
- Lunches / Evening meals
* Unless already booked out in which case we’ll try to secure a private bathroom.
** You will have the opportunity to purchase picnic lunches and evening meals each day. If you are staying in a remote location, the B&B owner will prepare a tasty surprise for you upon request.
During your self-guided walking holiday in Ireland, you will be accommodated in local family-run guesthouses (B&Bs) or small family-run hotels, where you will encounter a friendly welcome and homely comfort. All our accommodation is approved by Bord Failte – the Irish Tourist Board or the Northern Ireland Tourism Board and are at least 3 stars. Rooms are twin, double or triple en-suite and single rooms are also available on request.
Need anything else?
At Walking Holiday Ireland we pride ourselves in providing a unique experience where we look after all the details of your trip. This allows you to completely immerse yourself in the Irish landscape and culture.
Please do not hesitate to contacts us should you have any additional requirements or needs and we will endeavour to provide these to our best ability.
No details found.
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing